Busybox installation help?

This is a discussion on Busybox installation help? within the Hacking Help forums, part of the HTC Incredible Development category; Okay, so I know that SOMEWHERE there is probably already the answer to this question, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Busybox installation help?

Okay, so I know that SOMEWHERE there is probably already the answer to this question, but I cannot find it anywhere on the internet for the life of me. I have the Droid Incredible running on 2.3.4 and I rooted it yesterday. I was doing some reading and come to find out that not only MetaMorph (one of the main reasons I rooted my phone) and TONS of other apps need BusyBox to run. So, I went to the market and downloaded Busybox. I've tried both Stericson & JRummy16, but everytime I hit install, my phone restarts and whenever I go back into the app it still says Not Installed. I'm trying to isntall BusyBox 1.19.4 into /system/xbin, incase that has any significance as to why its not working. I know. I'm a noob. :/

Help please?!

Or actually, if anyone can tell me an app similar to MetaMorph that doesn't require Busybox, I'll even go for that.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    What rooting method did you follow? If I'm not mistaken Revolutionary installs Busybox as part of the method.
    Akwonder
    If you want to contact me here's my email : akwonder1@gmail.com. I'm willing to chat about most things and if you have any questions I'm willing and happy to help.

Revoked3. It seemed like the easiest way. Not to mention it was the only one I could find. I have Titanium Backup and it says I have Busybox but the other apps say I don't and it wont let me use apps that need it. :/

Rescue Squad
    What apps are giving you issues, any besides the ones you have listed in your original post?
    EDIT: Added text

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by akwonder; 02-26-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    Akwonder
    If you want to contact me here's my email : akwonder1@gmail.com. I'm willing to chat about most things and if you have any questions I'm willing and happy to help.

Rescue Squad
    If you go into Titanium and go into the menu there should be a problems option, click it and it should install busybox. It does require usb debugging to be enabled to run beforehand.
    EDIT: This is on the main screen for titanium backup.
    Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by akwonder; 02-26-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Akwonder

I'm having problems with any apps that require busybox. Font changer, blah blah blah. I don't have any option that gives me that.

Oh, and also. Whenever I try to flash a ROM with ROM Manager (I promise I'm doing everything right.) when it goes to reboot, the screen will turn black with two white lines on the side until eventually i have to take the battery out. It even does that when I try to boot into recovery mode from HBOOT menu. And then when I turn it on it has nothing new.

I couldn't load that page. And I flash ClockworkMod before i try to flash a ROM.

Do you have still your install file or setup file and pls go to that file and click on that file and go ahead..

Do you have still your install file or setup file and pls go to that file and click on that file and go ahead..Spectrum Light

Ads